Shinystar Twitch Stream

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 3979days ago0 Replies
 3985days ago1 Replies
 3986days ago0 Replies
 3993days ago0 Replies
 3993days ago0 Replies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mercenaries Forum Index -> Everquest II General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinystar-Wes
Founding Leader
Elite Member Poster

re: Code Of Conduct

Any member not adhering may end up in consultation,counseling,removal or even minus of dkp upon discretion of leadership.

Leadership(Leader(s) and Raid Ally Officers) reserves the right to make the rules to follow, and not be pushed coerced a different way of its policies. You can suggest will listen but not force/argue upon changing it.If there was previous contentions/confrontations with you, we may not listen to it..Leadership(with officers included) is a Foundation, that means its unmovable,once decided stick to it. Officers are picked not voted in(maybe by other officers, but not by members), not by force. It will only change unless RL happens,or become disabled.Think of it this way Cops are allowed to carry guns but not citizens, unless permitted. Members cannot enforce or be above the law/rules, they follow them.They can voice ideas and give suggestions in proper polite manner.

We want to make sure members while carrying Mercanaries Raid Alliance Image they are representing the Guild's image. That means we should bear that with respect to the community on our server. We should not flame others in public chats or in say. During Raid Mercenaries Raid Alliance name is even adhered to respect others. We should never treat others as "scrubs" in public chats for example.

Be respectful to each other. Follow leadership (Raid/Alliance Leader and Raid Ally officers) with any directions they give. They are the ones upholding the Raid's vision and direction. If any suggestions for change in policies, plans should be directed for them to decide to make those changes. Respect the chain of command, members don't call the shots.Its our raid, but its not your ship to steer.If things aren't going the right direction or problems arise it will be looked at fairly to uphold the guilds goals.

During raid Drama free.Aim to Refrain from Flaming in public chat, or troll arguing. You can talk in public chat to socialize but best to leave out any "smart ass" comments or any that will cause a e-peen bash. Even in Raid chat we should drop any conversation that may cause distress or frustration and minimize arguments/drama. Any opinions that isn't agreed upon shouldn't be continued to conversate. If it ends up continuing in open chat of asking ones opinion that isn't viewed the same take it to tells at that point.Also do not troll in conversations between guildee even though its in open chat. Unless it is going with the flow of conversation in helping answering the query and not opinionating a statement made. Any such conversations that gets heated should be distinguished fast. There should be no "troll" arguing of ppl's opinions, or one's statement.

Language – We are a diverse group of people so ask that you please choose your words carefully. We will not tolerate any sort of hate speech against people of other races, sexual orientation or otherwise.(As long as ppl don't get offended badly) We prefer to maintain a civil atmosphere in Ally chat,Raid Chat,Emote gestures and Ventrilo. Though language in Mercenaries Alliance Raid is not really restricted, we just ask that you do your best to remain polite and not rude. . If you are uncomfortable with occasional profanity in chat or over Ventrilo you may not want to be a part of our Guild.

No Harassment – We can’t even believe we have to say this, but you’d be surprised. Gentlemen and Ladies, yes we have both in our Guild, behave yourselves or we will deal with the situation quickly and permanently.

During Raids-

Keep vent free of too much chatter.
When its time to form up for raid, be ready. With food/drink/potions, mended at 100%. Signed up here(eventually will have sign ups) and in vent prior to invites. Get your Early points! Then be ready zone in to pull trash. Its part of raiding to be ready even if there may be time to wait.
Refrain from openly or harrassing tells pointing out ppl's mistakes or performance,or what spec they should do that's for raid leader or officers to tactfully help correct any of those issues and work it out after raids.
Guild/Raid Leader,Ally Raid Leader and Raid Ally Officers make the calls to strats. Things can be suggested in raid chat or in tells to appropriate people in charge to make the decisions. Members or guests opinions or thoughts of how things should be done must be presented in an appropriate manner and that it is leadership decision to make not yours. Never to be given or suggested that its the way its going to be done, or supposed too.Keep things in retrospect and respect to the chain of command, do not force your views or way.Members, or guests do not run the raid.

Best thing is for members to not get too wound up for loots(overly concerned on winning/loosing loots). We need to steer away from any drama surrounding qq's for loots.Main goal is to use our point system. We may try regular pug/alliance dkp or end up if we have guests the /roll system in place and may have to minimize any drama surrounding it. Main focus or vision should however be a successful raid first and for most, then loots after,but if some hints of any discrepancy it may be amended to minimize any drama of loots.With ally raiding we may set up a pt system with them(separate of our dkp tally). Overall It's up to Leadership to make the call.

We aim to keep the raid organized and keeping it to flow and succeed. We can be a part of the team to make it happen. Members are to follow directions and not give them. They may suggest, advise,give opinions but in appropriate manner.Leadership makes or break the system and reserves the right to amend,or subtract any policies they see fit.

Please Keep vent respectful.Keep raid chat respectful.We can have fun and all, but need to keep Vent down to a minimum during raids, especially in fights. Keeping it clear for raid leader,tank,healer or officer directions/communication. There is no yelling,sass tones,argueing,debating allowed in open vent channels you will be globally muted.

Leadership(Ally Leader,officers) reserves rights to amend,add or subtract therein.

Elite Member Poster

re: Code Of Conduct

We need to have ppl re-read this through. After a while I'd had to run this ALONE with no officers. Now thanks to Aero and Dracan stepped up to help as well. With at time thanks to Dallonn helping with loots, and others assisting. I'm running the guild and alliance and can't have ppl backseat raid lead or frustrations spoken in bossy, snappy,though joking manner snide me or think they know better. if you wish to step up and help then do it appropriately and also not shove it down me or crush it all on my shoulders because it ALREADY IS.
EQ2 is waining on playerbase, and you can be quite busy doing what I do in raids with tells and such, TO EXPECT MORE or DEMAND more on top and say it like I have no excuse is NOT acceptable. Until you've run a guild or raids and do it all you have no idea or right to judge.
If its not happening the way you want then there is the door. Re-read the code of conduct and nothing shall be bossed or in forceful way you think it should be done. You can suggest in a better spirit manner without the sarcasm or pushy manners. If you feel not enough is being done like recruiting then well offer to help recruit, and I've asked for help for more officers with no one stepping up. If you treat it like I'm supposed to DO IT ALL for you as a slave you got another thing coming. No one will come across like there the boss of me, I don't to you! Its a burn out for doing this 10 years, Don't treat it like your paying your money for me to give your entertainment YOUR WAY. I'm easy going to take suggestions but in no way brought that it is your way or the highway to me, because I don't do that to you. Nor will not tolerate any "high-Horse attitude"

I'm not going put up with head clashing of any sorts.

So please re-read the code of conduct

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: